The Company was organized in 1857 to transact business as an assessment co-operative fire insurance company in the Town of Claverack, Columbia County, New York. In 1949, the territory was extended to include all of Columbia County. In 1957, a merger was effected between the Company and the Livingston Town Insurance Company, of Livingston, New York, with the Claverack Town Fire Insurance Company being the surviving corporation, in March of 1984 the charter was expanded to include all of New York State excluding the five boroughs of New York and Long Island.
The Department issued a certificate on February 8, 1971, authorizing the Company to change its name from Claverack Town Fire Insurance Company to Claverack Cooperative Insurance Company.
The mission of the Claverack Cooperative Insurance Company is to provide coverage for it’s insureds at a reasonable and competitive rate. Our Secretary/Treasurer has been with the company 30 years and our Assistant Secretary/Treasurer has been with the company 27 years.
We have over 70 independent agents in the state of NY.
Our company’s employees are very knowledgeable and helpful and will work with our agents and insureds in underwriting, billing and the claims process.